- August (6)
- July (6)
- Humble Features of Sterling Silver
- Know How to Maintain Your Beautiful Pearls
- Basic Jewelry Findings - Get To Know Them
- Ethnic Designs By Seed Beads
- How to Repair Costume Bead Jewelry
- Bring Your Bead and Wire Jewelry Talent Into Your ...
- Bead Jewelry Clasps - Get that Posh and Finished L...
- Be Modest yet Modish With Wooden Beads
- Make Your Beaded Necklace More Personal
- Beading Supplies – Know How to Store Them Well
- Shared Time with Family and Friends through Bead M...
- Beads Jewelry Supplies : Lapis Lazuli
- Organize Your Beads and Supplies for Easier Beadin...
- Beads Jewelry Supplies – Amazing Tips on Needles a...
- Bead Jewelry Distinction Between Pearls and Mother...
- Bead Strings For Beading – Which is Which?
- Colors Make the World of Beading Beautiful
- Express Yourself with Pendants on Your Neck
- Turquoise Beads: How Sensitive Are They?!
- Bead Loom For Easier Beading
- Jewelry Beads – Style It Up with African Trade Bea...
- Love Is In The Air With Some Rose Quartz Beads
- Turquoise Bead Jewelry – For a Fashionable Healthi...
- Crystal Jewellery Beads – Discover the Power that ...
- Style It Up On a Narrow Fund Using Natural Beads I...
- Bead and Wire Jewelry for the Fashionable Entrepr...
- Let Us Reduce Air Pollution With Ceramic Beads
- Beading Supplies Help Create a Fashionable You
- Sleep Better With Hematite Beads
- Be Fashionable and Green with Vegetable Ivory
- Choose your Beads Wisely
- Style Up Your Wrist With Eco-Friendly Tagua Nut Br...
- May (6)
- March (1)
Pearls are formed inside oysters when it accumulates a substance called nacre, which is actually, the mother of pearl, which lines the oyster shell. Pearls form when an organic irritant such as a parasite or food particle becomes trapped within the mollusk and gets lodged inside its shell. The shell protects itself from this solid piece of foreign object by secreting a crystalline form of calcium carbonate, derivative mineral of aragonite, and another substance called conchiolin, a binding protein. Both these substances are the same substances that the oyster uses to build its shell. The layers of calcium carbonate envelop the intruder and mix with the conchiolin, which acts as an organic glue binding the crystals together.
The mother of pearl, on the other hand, is the nacre, as previously mentioned. It is the material that lines the mollusks. The most common mollusks where mother of pearl came from are abalone and oysters. They are then dyed with different colors for a more attractive effect when used as decorative ornament or accessory.
These days, pearls and mother of pearl are used not just as women’s accessories and jewelry but as men’s accessories as well. Take the cuff links for instance. When they are used as such, they give men an overall look of elegance and class.
Nevertheless, bead jewelry like pearl and mother of pearl will always be considered timeless no matter how it is used. Because no two pearls and mother of pearls are exactly alike, they will always cater to both men and women’s unique personalities, therefore meeting the high demand in the pearl fashion market.